Monday, February 28, 2011

Fabulous books

I just finished reading the best novel, "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova. It's about a mom who is on the fast track in an affluent Boston suburb. She leads a hectic, career driven life, but it's cut short when she is in an accident and suffers a brain injury, which erases the left side of her world. It was fascinating to me how I didn't like her in the beginning - I couldn't stand how she ignored her children, but in the end she finds happiness and peace for herself and her family. I had never heard of this type of brain injury and found it fascinating.

The one I am reading right now is "A Widow's Story" by Joyce Carol Oates. It's about life after her husband dies. Incredibly sad, but it's helping me understand what some of the widows go through in Laguna Woods.

Jodi Picoult's newest book, "Sing you Home" arrives on the shelves tomorrow. I plan to be first in line. It even comes with a CD. I won't be buying this one on my Kindle, which by the way I love, as I know Juli will want to read this one. Right now I only buy books on my Kindle that I know my daughter won't want to read. We're still all about sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment