Thursday, April 8, 2010

Between the Covers

From the time I learned to read, my mother says that I have had my nose in a book. As a kid I was always getting yelled at to “get outside and play – put that book down.” But now if I want to I can read all day. I also recently purchased an iPod – it’s a fun thing to do, to occasionally read an e-book. I just carry it in my purse or pocket and when Alan is driving or I’m standing in line somewhere, I just pull it out and read away.

Over the past couple of weeks I have read the following books and I highly recommend them:

Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick (fiction)
Game Change by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin (nonfiction)
True Compass: A Memoir by Edward Kennedy
The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan (memoir)
The Best of Friends: Martha and Me by Mariana Pasternak

Just released: Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott

No comments:

Post a Comment